Ready to get green certified?!
Below please see the 2 Basic Levels of Participation for most all tourism operating businesses — Hotels, B&B’s, restaurants, conference centers, wineries, breweries, museums, sports & music venues, amusement parks, campgrounds, tour companies, spas, attractions of any kind, and even bus and shuttle services, etc.
*Further below, you’ll find applications for: (1) Green festivals, events and meetings (2) Green suppliers & vendors; and (3) Supporting organizations and businesses that want to support the Virginia Green partners.
If you just need to RE-CERTIFY, just fill out the corresponding RE-CERTICATION Form (listed below also) and follow the “step-by-step” instructions below. If you have any trouble re-certifying, please contact us at [email protected]
There are 2 basic levels of participation:
Commitment Level Certification
- Cursory level of recognition is meant for operators that have just started their environmental program efforts.
- Application is very brief and only requires that basic commitments to sustainable practices are in place, such as recycling and energy & water conservation.
- Operators are only supposed to stay at the commitment level for one 2-year cycle.
Full Travel Certification
- Application is a comprehensive level of green practices.
- Requires that a number of several sustainable practices are fully implemented in areas such as recycling & waste reduction, energy & water conservation, environmental leadership and green meetings and events.
- Requires submittal of a few pictures
- Encourages reporting of summary data related to wastes, energy and water, etc.
Virginia Green Travel Certification
- Download either the Commitment Level or Fully-Certified Application.
- Register your business with the Virginia Green Travel Business Directory and pay registration fee.
- Hit the Register button to create a log-in and create your Virginia Green Travel Business Profile
- Fill out the appropriate Virginia Green Travel Application or Recertification Form (below) and attach it from your registration account.
- Pay your registration processing fee and submit.
- The VGTA will review and/or approve your Virginia Green Travel Certification within 2-3 days.
- You will receive email confirmation and a link to website where you can download a pdf-certificate and other program / logo graphics.
- Your certification will be announced on social media and in our newsletter.