Reducing your environmental footprint by supporting green-certified businesses. Traveling, dining, experiencing Virginia….and doing it sustainably! The Virginia Green Travel program depends upon you to be successful!
We are challenging tourism businesses to invest in sustainable practices, techniques and products. Here’s what they have committed to at a minimum:
- Comprehensive Recycling
- Eliminate polystyrene and reducing their use of single use plastics.
- Reduce Energy & Water consumption.
- Purchase sustainable products
- Host green meetings & events with green practices in place.
- Engage their customers about their environmental efforts.
We are challenging PEOPLE who care about the environment to choose Virginia Green-certified businesses when planning travel, experiences or just dining out. You’ll be supporting green businesses and you can feel good about reducing your own environmental footprint!
Here’s what you can do:
- Sign on as a Green Travel Champion!
- Plan your green vacation at Virginia is for Lovers / Sustainable Travel where you’ll find only Virginia Green certified businesses.
- Give Feedback! Let our partners know that you appreciate their efforts & Give Feedback to us, good or bad about their efforts. This is new to some of them and your feedback will encourage them to do more and do better! (linked to a customer feedback card)
- Encourage your favorite restaurants and other places to become Virginia Green certified!
- Make Referrals directly to the VGTA and we’ll follow up! [email protected]
- Join our newsletter and LIKE US on social media
- Encourage your community to promote green tourism / Virginia Green locally. They likely already have a number of certified Virginia Green businesses, and your community could promote is own “green tourism” program built around the Virginia Green partners.
Sign-up for our newsletter!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact