- Completely voluntary. There are no inspections. You tell us about your practices and we trust you!
- Application is a checklist of accepted green practices in core areas such as recycling, energy & water conservation, green purchasing, meetings, etc.
- Some practices are REQUIRED– for instance, recycling is required.
- Universal applications for all sectors of tourism. Businesses are widely different and so lots of the practices will simply “not apply”.
- There are 2 levels of certification:
- Fully-Certified which requires submittal of full application.
- Commitment Level for businesses that are just starting in the program and application is much shorter.
- Once submitted, VGTA reviews and lets you know if more info needed. For new applications, we will ask for a few pictures.
- Re-certification required every 2 years so that we know our partners are still current in their commitments.
- Once approved and processing fee is paid, here’s what you get.
Virginia Green Travel Certification
- Download either the Commitment Level or Fully-Certified Application.
- Fill out the application and send / attach it to [email protected].
- Register your business with the Virginia Green Travel Business Directory and pay registration fee.
- Hit the Register button to create a log-in and create your Virginia Green Travel Business Profile
- Pay your registration processing fee and join the Virginia Green Travel Alliance.
- The VGTA will complete your Virginia Green Travel Certification within 2-3 days
- You will receive email confirmation, a pdf-certificate, and other program / logo graphics.
- Your certification will be announced on social media and in our newsletter.