The Application / Certification Process
- Applicants fill out and submit the appropriate application. There are now 2 Levels of Certification: (1) Entry Level (2) Full Certification.
- Once submitted, the VGTA staff will follow up with confirmation or other informational needs / pictures / logos, etc.
- Confirmed partners will be announced via social media.
- Partners will be required to recertify every 2 years and report their progress.
- There will be options for on-site verification of green practices and assistance if desired by the applicants and higher levels of certification will be given for fully “verified” partners.
- Hotels: $125 (Entry); $200 (Full)
- Convention / Conference Centers: $250 (Full only)
- B&B’s / Restaurants / Wineries / Breweries / Smaller Attractions: $50 (Entry) & $75 (Full)
- Larger Attractions: $95 (Entry) & $150 (Full)
- For Profit Events / Festivals: $95 (Full only). (Waived for government-/community-sponsored)
*Fundraisers & Support. Fees can be waived in conjunction with plans for fundraising or designated 501c3 support for the Virginia Green Travel Alliance.